Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches


Two weeks have passed since my last post. Holy moly, sugar lovers. That's just plain shameful. It's not that I haven't been baking, it's just been a busy few weeks around here.

I wanted to tandem on my last post and share the other goodie I made on my last day at my old job (which I can confidently say I don't miss much.) Peanut butter cookie sandwiches! I mean, don't you just wish you had one in front of you right now? The answer is YES.

I wish I could tell you I made these totally from scratch but Mr. Sugarcoated snuck a bag of peanut butter cookie mix into the grocery cart and was itching for me to make them. So, if you're looking for a homemade peanut butter cookie recipe, you'll have to keep surfing. Back in the day I would have been ALL over a cookie-in-a-bag recipe, but that's just not the case any longer. However, I thought some of my "semi-homemade" baking goddesses would appreciate this quick but delicious concoction. This is about as low maintenance as baking gets, folks.



Since I was stuck with the cookie mix, I decided to make my own peanut butter/chocolate filling and try a cookie sandwich. Remember those cookie stands in the malls that had them stocked in the glass shelving and they were stuffed with frosting?! (Oh Miss Fields, how I miss you!) I wanted to duplicate THAT. And it turned out amazingly well. I promise to redeem myself by doing a PB cookie from scratch very soon and you can hold me to that!


Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches

1 bag peanut butter cookie mix (and whatever ingredients the bag requires)


For the Peanut Butter Filling:

1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 oz. (6 Tbs.) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3 Tbs. milk (or you can use heavy cream)
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips


The How To:

Bake your cookies according to the instructions.

To make the filling, use a small bowl to cream the confectioners' sugar, butter, and peanut butter until smooth. Add the milk; continue creaming until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate morsels.

Transfer the cooled cookies to a work surface, flipping half of them over. With an offset spatula or a butter knife, spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto each turned-over cookie. Set another cookie on top of each filled cookie, pressing gently to spread the filling. Store sealed at room temperature or in the refrigerator.





Regardless that they were semi homemade, everyone LOVED these and Mr. Sugarcoated couldn't get enough. So for all of you bakers in training who may be afraid to test your skills, this would be a good place to start. Let me know how it turns out ;)
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious... and I'm all about the quick and easy "semi-homemade" approach! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete