Sunday, December 11, 2011

White Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes



I wanted to share another treat I made Thanksgiving weekend. This cupcake would also make a great holiday gift for friends, co-workers and neighbors. I especially love this combination of white chocolate and cranberry. Having some tart from the cran mixed with the sweetness of the white chocolate hit a home run for me. My brother doesn't even LIKE cranberry and he ate them. Trust me, this speaks volumes about the yumminess of this cupcake.

I used fresh cranberries for the recipe which really gave it amazing flavor. Throwing in some orange juice and zest gave it a little more zing. I topped the cake with a white chocolate orange frosting that was so heavenly I could have skipped the cake altogether. (Not really, but it was delicious!)

I don't know how often Cranberry Sauce makes it to the Christmas table in your household, but this would be a great replacement! I couldn't be happier with how these turned out and the flavor I was able to achieve.


see those cranberries peeping out of the cake? they are amazeballs!



White Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes

6 (1 ounce each) squares white baking chocolate  (I used Ghiradelli)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (if you can't find fresh, don't be afraid to use dried)


The How To:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake tins with liners.

2. Chop 6 of the chocolate squares and set aside.

3. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.

4. Add eggs, orange zest and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice; mix well.

5. Add flour and baking powder; beat until well blended.

6. Fold in chopped chocolate and the cranberries. (you don't need to chop up the cranberries)

7. Bake approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes to wire rack. Cool completely.



White Chocolate Orange Frosting

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 (1 ounce each) squares white baking chocolate, melted
3 tablespoons orange juice
3-4 cups powdered sugar



Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Mix in white chocolate. Mix in orange juice and powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Pipe or smear onto cupcakes.



ENJOY! :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment