Monday, January 23, 2012

A "Delightful" Raspberry Bar

Hey Friends! I know I have been a little ghost in the kitchen lately. Sorrrryyyyy! Sometimes work comes before baking! I will be back in action later this week, but I have a special treat for you today! A guest blog! A huge thank you to my best gal pal Stacy, over at "Delightful Dish" for sharing this wonderful Raspberry Bar recipe!  Hope you guys enjoy! :)



Hello all from Delightful Dish!

Tori and I started this blogging journey together as a way to share our love for cooking/baking and I’m happy to now be her first guest blogger! Since my blog is all kinds of cooking, it’s nice every now and then to break into sweets. I am definitely not on the level of baking as our favorite sugarcoated goddess, Tori… but I like to pretend I can be every now and then.



This dessert is one of my favs. I like it because it’s semi homemade and also very versatile. The first time I made this dish I used mint extract-similar to a grasshopper bar. Since I was out of mint this go round, I used raspberry extract and red food coloring. And what goes better with raspberry than white chocolate?? Who says you have to measure everything in baking… I threw those suckers in there too!




Now I know it’s the New Year and I’m supposed to be posting all sorts of healthy recipes to stick with my “new years resolution” but let’s be honest- I love sweets WAY too much to do something as silly as make a resolution I know I won’t keep. I’m just going to keep making these sinful looking treats and sharing them with you in hopes that someone will fall off the bandwagon with me. “Everything is ok in moderation!” That’s my motto and I’m sticking to it!



Raspberry Bars
Inspired by Betty Crocker

Bars
1 Pouch Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (I use Betty Crocker)
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp Water
1 Egg



Frosting
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 3oz Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
2 tbsp Milk
1/4 tsp Raspberry Extract
4 Drops Red Food Coloring



Glaze
1oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1 tbsp Butter, Melted




Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir all bar ingredients until soft dough forms. Add white chocolate chips last, making sure you coat them with flour first so they don’t all sink to the bottom. Press into pan with hands and bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely. Next, in large bowl, stir all frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over bars. In small microwavable bowl, microwave glaze ingredients on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and serve.










Entering your world now is delicious satisfaction.
Enjoy! :)


Please visit Delightful Dish for more treats and dinner options! It has been my pleasure to share this recipe with you! Until next time…

-Stacy
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment