Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups



Savory strikes again.

Boom (hubby's pet name. yes, we are now on a nickname basis folks.) has been feeling very under the weather this past week, so meal time has been severely lacking lately. Saturday was filled with complete laziness and I don't regret one second of it. However, I did manage to whip up a really nifty breakfast. Hubs was hungry and super sickly in this dashingly cute way, so I offered to make bacon and eggs.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. I SUCK at making eggs.

Unless you want a hard boiled one.

I have been known to sabotage every fried egg I have ever tried to make. I immediately regretted making the offer. Luckily, I remembered I stumbled on this super sweet "breakfast cup" from my homegirl Martha Stewart.

These little guys are super cute, tasted delicious and take the mess out of cooking eggs. The best thing is they're super easy. These would be perfect if you had a ton of overnight guests around.



Bacon Egg and Toast Cups
recipe adapted from Martha Stewart


6 slices of bread (white, whole wheat. you pick!)
6 slices of bacon (i used turkey bacon)
6 large eggs
2 oz. shredded cheese (i used cheddar)
salt and pepper
nonstick cooking spray



The How To:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cut 6 circles out of your bread. (I used the top of a drinking glass to cut my circles)
4. Place each circle of bread into your muffin wells.
5. Cook your bacon slices on medium heat on the stove top for 2-3 minutes until slightly cooked but not crispy. You want your bacon to be "bendable".
6. Take each slice of cooked bacon and wrap around the base of the bread inside the muffin tin. (You will want the bacon to rest up on the sides of the muffin well while it is wrapped around the bread.
7. Sprinkle a small amount of cheddar cheese onto each piece of toast.
8. Crack your eggs one at a time and remove about half of the egg white before pouring over each piece of bread.
9. Bake cups in the oven until the whites are cooked to your liking. ( I like mine less runny so I left mine in for about 13 minutes. This will vary.)
10. Season with salt and pepper and serve!  (i tossed on some Texas Pete and boy was it yummy!)



hope you  guys enjoy this one! anyone have a super awesome breakfast treat they love to make?
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I saw these on Pinterest and have been dying to make them since! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something similar a couple weeks ago, but I used biscuit dough, so they just kept rising and I was afraid all of the eggs were going to end up at the bottom of my oven! Yours look much better!

    ReplyDelete