Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies



Oh happy day guys!

Today I'm sharing a recipe I tossed together completely on my OWN.
I've come along way from boxed caked and refrigerated cookie dough days.

I made these delectable chocolate toffee cookies on the fly for my husband to take to one of his "food" workdays. Kind of like a cubicle potluck.

I finally have the hang of remembering the ingredients/measurements to make a basic chocolate chip cookie from scratch, so I went with that and tossed some other fun goodies I had lying in the cabinet. On this special day it happened to be Heath toffee bits, semi sweet chocolate morsels and white chocolate. YUM!

Doubling up with two chocolates and adding the toffee bits really kicked this cookie up a notch. I especially loved the slight bitterness of the semi-sweet chocolate mixed with the sweetness of the white chocolate. The recipe makes about 3 dozen and hubs came home with only 4 left. (His co-workers were actually mad the next day when they found out he didn't leave the 4 lone cookies there!)

That's what I call a good cookie!





Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2  3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup english toffee candy (i used pre chopped Heath toffee bits)
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chunks or morsels (i used a combo of both)
2/3 white chocolate morsels (you can always use more!)



 
The How To:

Preheat over to 35 degrees.
Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars in and beat well.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at a low speed until blended.
Stir in toffee candy and both chocolate morsels. (I actually put some elbow grease into this and used my hands. yeah, i'm a beast.)
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons at least 1 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (The larger the cookie, the longer the bake time.)
Let cool slightly on cookie sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.





I'd be lying if I told you I let them cool completely before I tried one. And I don't regret it.


enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment