Monday, March 12, 2012

White Chocolate Cupcakes for Two


I have been pretty pressed for time lately. I'm sure that obvious due to my neglect of blog posts. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Thanks for being patient with me!

When you're short on time like I certainly have been, a cupcake for two recipe is just the way to go. You can pretty much blink, then sneeze, and you have a delicious baked goodie right in front of you. After falling in love with my Thin Mint Cupcakes for two, I knew that pretty much any recipe could be downsized.

I was craving some white chocolate (maybe I was just craving frosting) so I whipped up a white chocolate cake, stuffed it with some white chocolate morsels and topped it with a white chocolate frosting. This cupcake was totes awesome. Rich and creamy and oozing with white chocolately goodness. My only gripe would be there's only two ;)





White Chocolate Cupcakes

1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup white chocolate morsels


The How To:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined.
Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth.
Stir in milk.
Stir in white chocolate morsels into batter.
Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.


White Chocolate Frosting

1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup white chocolate

Meanwhile, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).  Mix in vanilla. Melt white chocolate in microwave and then mix into frosting. Pipe onto your cupcakes.

**You may have a little extra frosting, so save it for later. Or eat it.**





Enjoy! :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment