Monday, July 2, 2012

Graduation Goodies

It's been a busy summer. Between bridal showers, weddings, buying a house, and traveling, I just looked over at my calendar and can't believe it's already July.

Being so busy hasn't left much time for baking or new recipes, but I didn't want to leave you hanging. I thought I would share some of the stuff I made for two recent graduation parties.

 A huge congratulations to Jason, Austin and Jacob!


These "grad cap" cupcakes were made for Landstown High School. I used a Reese' mini PB cup and attached it to a chocolate covered graham cracker. I used M&Ms and airheads for the tassles. The cake is chocolate with a vanilla buttercream.


I got a copy of the HS logo and printed them out and attached to small cupcake tags made by yours truly. The mini "diplomas" were rolled out of plain printer paper and tied up with some silver ribbon. If you wanted to do a edible version, you could use white sugar sheets or rolled fondant. The cake is chocolate with a chocolate marshmallow buttercream.


Not too shabby, eh?



These were the cupcakes I did for a joint grad party for two Great Bridge HS grads. Their colors were green and gold. This is a chocolate cake with a PB frosting. The stars are handmade out of colored fondant.




For this party I also made some Oreo Cake pops. The ball is made out of an oreo and creamcheese cake base, dipped in white chocolate and drizzled in colored chocolate to match the HS colors.



I am pleased to announce my grads were very happy with the finished product! So was I!

Anyone have some cool graduation goodies they made for a recent grad in their life? I need ideas for next "season"!

love.love.love & happy baking!






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment